Current COVID-19 Protocols Applied at Expressway Ford Lincoln
While the Government gradually allows businesses to return to a more normal sales and service environment, measures continue to be taken to ensure the safety of our clientele and staff. We are still operating with a reduction in force and hours of operation. Both social distancing and mask-wearing will continue in shared spaces for the foreseeable future; as such, these and other sanitizing and safety protocols will continue to be necessary. Staff are given regular updates regarding changes in operations and measures taken to ensure safety. Please see below for some of the steps which are being taken to combat the spread of COVID-19, in order for us to remain open to the public.
- Signs and letters to customers and staff are displayed at points of entry, indicating the need to refrain from entering the building if showing any common symptoms of COVID-19, or having been in contact with individuals who are suspected of being ill.
- When asked by customers, review departmental protocols and measures put in place to maximize the safety and comfort of customers and staff.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Facilities
- The main points of contact at our facilities (door handles, door frames, waiting room chairs and tables, refreshment areas, and restrooms) are sanitized with commercial grade CDC approved cleanser
- Hand sanitizer pumps located at points of entry and throughout the building
- Staff responsible for sanitizing work areas regularly
- Washable masks, face shields, and gloves available for staff and customers use
- Hand-washing instructions posted in all restrooms
Our Service and Parts departments have remained open for business (reduction in force and hours) throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, with precautions being taken to increase the safety of our staff and clientele.
Enhanced Vehicle Sanitization
- Each Technician has been supplied with commercial-grade disinfecting solution
- Key fobs are placed in plastic baggies – no contact at drop-off or pick-up
- Option to disable the HVAC systems in the vehicle prior to servicing
- No customers or guests in Service shop
- If needed, customers requiring access to belongings in vehicles will be accompanied through the shop by Service Staff
General Service Operations
- Customers encouraged to inquire regarding our offer to pick-up and drop-off vehicles at their homes
- Loaner vehicles are available, please review handling and policy with your Service Consultant
- Reduced shuttle services available
- Physical plexiglass barriers between staff and customers at Service desks
- Cotton swabs available for completing financial transactions
- Contactless drop-off and pick-up of key fobs (in plastic bags)
- Hand sanitizer pumps located throughout the building, at points of entry and at work stations
- Offer to drop-off and pick-up without person-to-person interaction (arrangements can be conducted over the phone; work order write-ups, phone payments, and keys placement in vehicles, etc.)
- Curbside parts pick-up is available at customer request
As of December 26, 2020, the Sales Department was able to return to a more ‘normal’ operational approach. Customers are still offered virtual tours of vehicles, appointments are staggered to limit the number of people in the building, online sales available 24/7, contactless paperwork is offered at customer request. Appointments are required for all dealership visits. We are operating on reduced hours. Plexiglas desk barriers are installed in each office. A log tracking customers entering the Sales Department has been created and maintained.
Test Drive Protocol
- Customers encouraged to partake in virtual tours of the vehicles
- Maintain social-distancing while conducting Sales process
- Vehicles sanitized before and after test drives
- Customers allowed to test drive vehicles with a maximum of one other person, and for no longer than 10 minutes. A driver’s license remains mandatory to conduct a test drive.
- If accompanying a client on a test drive, Sales advisors will wear a mask and ensure all windows in the vehicle are lowered
- Sales advisors encouraged to wash hands after meeting with customers
- Staff and customers encouraged to use hand sanitizer and masks regularly
- Appointments scheduled to minimize number of people in the building simultaneously
- No hand-shaking and absolute minimal direct physical contact
Our Current Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
New Hamburg – Thursday nights temporarily closed
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
After Hours: By Appointment